Over 60 Years of Quality and Service in
Our Remanufactured Engines
Wheeler's Remanufactured Engines is a third-generation, family-owned business providing quality remanufactured engines and cylinder heads for diesel and gas autos and trucks.
Wheeler's Engines was founded in 1946 by the late Charles Wheeler after his return from WWII. The original name of his business was Wheeler's Auto Machine Shop.
Mr. Wheeler started his business by rebuilding cylinder heads for local dealers and garages. As his business grew, he began remanufacturing engines for local jobbers and garages. Through 60 years of service, Mr. Wheeler built a business based on honesty and integrity, which is the foundation of our business to this day.
By the way, if you are ever at the Talladega Raceway, visit the NASCAR History Museum. Mr. Wheeler was an inventor of racing parts in the 1950's, and one of his stroked flathead Ford crankshafts is exhibited there.
Wheeler's engines receive the individual attention that production engine remanufacturers cannot provide. Each engine core is disassembled, thermal cleaned, and magnafluxed or pressure tested to assure the integrity of the block.
The major components - block, crankshaft, cylinder head and connecting rods - are remachined back to OE tolerances and RA finish. New piston rings, bearings, lifters, oil pump, timing set, freeze plugs, and camshafts are installed in each engine.
No welded crankshafts are used in our engines and all camshafts are new, not reground.